Home

An Appointment with God

Doesn't matter TCA.

If little Jimmy and Jamesy were kicking the ball around in ancient Judea and broke a window the Garda would want to ask his name and there's no way he'd have got away with giving that as a name;

Yes, of course. But you were getting mixed up between "Jesus" ( or whatever ) and "Christ". I was simply pointing that out.

(As far as the "sages" are concerned, they vary in terms of any claim to having "all" truth)

Wouldn't doubt it for a second. They should enjoy it. After all there are somewhere around a billion popes in catholicism with their own version of truth so it is the broadest of churches in that regard except for all the other religions.

The sages will all have their own version of the truth. They'll all be wrong because of their own contaminated understanding of truth by subjective perception.

It is a bit like the anthropologist's quandary. No tribe has ever really been discovered in the state they were he day before they were noticed on camera in the Amazon.

The moment they encounter the modern westerner they are changed irrevocably so their 'truth' has changed in an instant.

Doesn't matter TCA.

If little Jimmy and Jamesy were kicking the ball around in ancient Judea and broke a window the Garda would want to ask his name and there's no way he'd have got away with giving that as a name;
You confused what was a proper name with a title. That was all that I was pointing out.

Does it matter? You seem to think so as you seem reluctant to admit it.

Wouldn't doubt it for a second. They should enjoy it. After all there are somewhere around a billion popes in catholicism with their own version of truth so it is the broadest of churches in that regard except for all the other religions.

The sages will all have their own version of the truth. They'll all be wrong because of their own contaminated understanding of truth by subjective perception.

It is a bit like the anthropologist's quandary. No tribe has ever really been discovered in the state they were he day before they were noticed on camera in the Amazon.

The moment they encounter the modern westerner they are changed irrevocably so their 'truth' has changed in an instant.
Many "sages" are quite capable of grasping what you appear to think is some sort of superior outlook. It is the starting point.

'Don't follow leaders. Watch your parking meters'.

The Rev Bob Dylan

You miss the point. Those with the intensity (call it what you like) to see/know genuine freedom are often worth listening to, of learning from.

Dismissing anyone, or particularly any group, before they are HEARD is to invite putting shackles onto our own minds, or is evidence of them.

As the Good Book says:-

He that answereth before he heareth sheweth himself to be a fool, and worthy of confusion.

(It's all in the "heareth"......)

You miss the point. Those with the intensity (call it what you like) to see/know genuine freedom are often worth listening to, of learning from.

Dismissing anyone, or particularly any group, before they are HEARD is to invite putting shackles onto our own minds, or is evidence of them.

As the Good Book says:-

He that answereth before he heareth sheweth himself to be a fool, and worthy of confusion.

(It's all in the "heareth"......)
Brilliant Con doesn't listen to anyone other than the (smug) voices in his head

Btw, speaking of Stephen Fry, Millennial Woes does a weekly hour long live show called - A Gram of Woes, if it's longer it gets called - An Ounce of Woes (I think that might be a drug reference Mowl).

Anyway, there's always a delay before it gets uploaded to Odysee, about a week or so (the live show is on Telegram which I don't have), this is the last one -

I've always found him (MW) interesting to listen to.. the hour just flies by..

I think you're confused about atheism. Again, dozens and dozens of posts I've written about this.
No, I'm simply using "conclusion" in a wider sense. I don't really go much for "definitions" either.

But I accept that it all depends on how open we are in mind/heart. Not having read your "dozens and dozens" of posts I have no idea, and maybe we would need full autobiographies of each other to even begin to make any relevant judgement.

(Oh, I have made thousands and thousands of posts on various Forums, secular, agnostic, Buddhist, etc etc. Just be thankful you have been spared from reading them)

But all is good. I really mean no harm.

No, I'm simply using "conclusion" in a wider sense. I don't really go much for "definitions" either.

But I accept that it all depends on how open we are in mind/heart. Not having read your "dozens and dozens" of posts I have no idea, and maybe we would need full autobiographies of each other to even begin to make any relevant judgement.

(Oh, I have made thousands and thousands of posts on various Forums, secular, agnostic, Buddhist, etc etc. Just be thankful you have been spared from reading them)

But all is good. I really mean no harm.
None taken.

An "agnostic" is an atheist, there's a clue.

You could also know that the term was eh, popularised because Darwin didn't want to get the dander up of religious folk..

Top Bottom