Home

Feedback Apology to Mowl

DS86DS

Staff member
Administrator
I wish to make a personal apology to Mowl for locking him out of his account and resorting to childish name calling thereafter. I let paranoia cloud my judgement and as a result made some terrible mistakes over the past few weeks.

It was out of line and I hope I can learn from the errors of my ways. I will desist from any further attacks on Mowl and believe it would be fair to restore his good reputation on this forum.

OP
DS86DS

DS86DS

Staff member
Administrator
Despite some of Mowl's harsh criticism, I believe in a way he was correct about myself and others simply missing his presence on this forum. There are many posters who don't show up here for weeks or for months on end and it goes unnoticed...yet even a few days into Mowl's absence, people began to ask where he had gone to. Instead of accepting that it would likely only be a matter of time, I childishly threw all of my toys out of the pram and start whinging, along with insisting on paranoid theories that Mowl had left the site for good.

That I ever attacked Tadhg Gaelach, a gentleman and a long time friend as being in on some Hanzian plot to try and undermine here brings myself only extra disgrace. Having actually bothered to talk to TG in recent days and actually take the effort to read what he was trying to say in posts, it is now my personal belief that he has just as much been betrayed by Hans as me and Saul have. Instead of finding common cause against the permanent pest that is HansRickAnderson...I lambasted Tadhg's good name and reduced him to little more than a Hanzian patsy - supposedly being used by Hans to try and undermine me and this site as if he were nothing more than a cartoon cutout fictional baddie out to destroy the good and noble Politics Isle. I can now see that my own theories on this matter were 100% bullshit and little more than the ridiculous conspiracy mongering of a paranoid mind.

I had also come to genuinely believe that together, Mowl and TG would begin recruiting for GPO over here at the time. Like an idiot, I then locked Mowl out of this website in the belief that it would prevent such incidents from occurring, preventing any further drift from here over to there. In all honesty, while I could and can see why trolls, socks, spoofers and whackjobs would be attracted to GPO...it was quite the surprise to find high quality posters such as Mowl and TG finding a home over there.

Hans had also for a long time tried to lure Mowl away from here - knowing how much he meant to the forum and it's members and what it would do to the place if he left. Hans for months on end would attempt to flatter Mowl, become chummy etc. Mowl being the tough, no-nonsense sort either simply ignored Hans' ridiculous attempts at flattery, or simply laughed at them. As Hans had likely been badmouting here and making up stories by PM on Pish and GPO- which I couldn't defend myself against...part of me had come to believe that they had gotten through to the man at long last. That TG was over there, despite being loyal to the community at PI for years on end only heightened my own paranoid suspicions.

Instead of taking a calm and collected approach and asking myself if such paranoid ideas were but a figment of my imagination, I instead jumped right in like an fool and assumed for the worse. That I did not hede my own logic from the very beginning of the forum that these places are merely for entertainment purposes, and that real life comes before them is an extra failure on my part. Were I Mowl and dealing with issues in the family and seeking a bit of solace...only to come back and find myself locked out and being called names, I would rightfully be furious in dismissing the Admin of that site as a childish clown who let's paranoid conspiracies, often self invented get the better of him.

I know for a fact that both Hans and Belgrade are permanently untrustworthy and they've shown themselves up for what they are. However, that I threw two old friends under the bus and blocked Mowl's entry to the site is a shame that should rightfully hang over my head for a long time to come. I hurt and angered two people I've been close to for a long time and threw both of them under that very same bus in the belief that Isle was facing extinction, owing to some clever and effective Hanzian plot.

Mowl was not banned and locked out of here for any wrongdoings of his own, Mowl was locked out and banned over nothing more than a stupid theory I had come to believe. Instead of taking a breather and dwelling on the issue with a little common sense, I instead acted on a childish impulse, banning the man and assuming for the worse. In hindsight, it was simply none of my business, real life and family are without a doubt more important and closer to home than talking about politics with a few anonymous individuals over the internet on an online discussion forum.

Mowl is a 100% correct to say that I fucked up with the password issue. Having scrambled the password during a bout of paranoia, I then found myself like a fool sending out emails about password changes etc. I also left a temporary password with a member here who would pass it on to Mowl so he could log in and change it. In saying that, while Mowl was locked out, the account was secure and any old accounts had been kicked from the original Mowl / DS86DS conversation, thus why the individual who came across the temporary password could not access it and had to begin another seperate conversation.

I had come to see Mowl as a friend ever since the Mishka days and due to my then paranoid ideas felt hurt at the idea that he wouldn't be returning. As I was banned from both GPO and Pish, this was my final remaining option. On top of that, my access to private messaging on both was restricted. Instead of behaving in the rational manner that an Admin should, I instead behaved like an imbecile and a fool who acted on personal anger and frustration. That Mowl had become a friend should have actually heightened my understanding of his plight and lead to a greater sympathy for his circumstances.

I can certainly imagine that this forum has become tarnished in the eyes of Mowl after all of my recent carry on, and it is perfectly understandable were he to lose faith in it altogether after all that has happened. A lot of strange stuff has happened here in the past month, and that I inflicted it upon somebody already experiencing real world family issues is rightfully a shame that I have no right to live down. I acted on impulse and attempted to tarnish the name of a good man over little more than an inkling that my forum was facing extinction and would never recover.

I certainly have a lot to answer for and deserve any grilling I get over my behaviour in recent weeks. Instead of just admitting I had made a foolish error and owned up to it...I spent the best part of three or four weeks trying to distract from what actually happened out of fear and embarrassment, and hoping that a quick and simple password change would solve everything and everything would move on as if nothing ever happened.

All of this has since Day 1 has been my own fault. It is only right to clear Mowl's name here a 100% and admit that I messed up.

V

Verooka

Good for you DS. It's always better to cut your losses and fess up when you are in the wrong.

You pulled the same shit with my account password while under the malign influence of that little shitbag James.
Do I get an apology too? ;)

OP
DS86DS

DS86DS

Staff member
Administrator
Of course, I've made some massive blunders here in recent months and hope I have learned from them.

OP
DS86DS

DS86DS

Staff member
Administrator
Also just to clarify GD, the account was removed that time as opposed to the password being scrambled.

roc_

Tadhg may be a gentleman but he's not right in the head. Let Mowl go his own way. For all his faults I don't think he's the type to hold a grudge against a fellow who's simply a bit of an eejit. Leave the door open I'm sure both Tadhg and Mowl will pop in when they tire of the tedious witterings of American Dan and English James. Just my two cents.

Colm

Tadhg may be a gentleman but he's not right in the head. Let Mowl go his own way. For all his faults I don't think he's the type to hold a grudge against a fellow who's simply a bit of an eejit. Leave the door open I'm sure both Tadhg and Mowl will pop in when they tire of the tedious witterings of American Dan and English James. Just my two cents.

Mowl is one of the most heart on sleeve people I have ever encountered on the internet,He will always have my Respect and Loyalty.

I hope he comes back here as I think DS86DS is genuinely sorry and hey we all make mistakes,but it is not my opinion that matters but that is my 2 cents on it all.

Colm

Mowl is now "Ireland's most hated" on GPO and seems happy in this role :)

These Forums are a dying entity and the sooner they all learn that and stop chopping each other down they may have a chance to exist long term.

Attacking each other really just assists their own demise and that goes for all these forums,hopefully the owners cop this and sort it out amongst themselves as they have a common bond between each other that posters dont,so ultimately they should try to find common ground before they mow each other in to the grass box.

OP
DS86DS

DS86DS

Staff member
Administrator
Have made peace with Hans, perhaps it's for the best. It was foolish of me to believe Mowl and TG would begin a recruitment campaign over to GPO. In hindsight, I was certainly wrong.

Politics Isle hasn't felt like the same forum since Mowl left and has lost a lot of it's character. Both Mowl and James are welcome back here, it would be wonderful to have the old gang back together, instead of all the infighting which has gone on between ourselves the past month. Despite anger on both sides, we are natural allies.

Colm

Have made peace with Hans, perhaps it's for the best. It was foolish of me to believe Mowl and TG would begin a recruitment campaign over to GPO. In hindsight, I was certainly wrong.

Politics Isle hasn't felt like the same forum since Mowl left and has lost a lot of it's character. Both Mowl and James are welcome back here, it would be wonderful to have the old gang back together, instead of all the infighting which has gone on between ourselves the past month. Despite anger on both sides, we are natural allies.

Well done Fella (y)

OP
DS86DS

DS86DS

Staff member
Administrator
I think one thing I'm learning as the Admin / owner is that all decisions and consequences come back my own way. In a way it was easier being a mod on Pish or GPO or PPie as you could just fob off any ultimate decisions to Hans and Belgrade.

That said, Politics Isle is a completely different type of forum to those, and I'm still glad I bit the bullet. The site will stay forever more as I have come to love it more than anything else. It can't be denied that Pish and GPO are much stricter forums, and while that has it's advantages - it's always nice to have somewhere to come to with a more libertine approach.

Colm

All owners should have the red carpet rolled out for each other

The content should be the battle if any

Therefore the posters benefit from any back and forth

But again,aside that you 3 should have a side appreciation that general forum users don't understand,and if you don't now you will in time

Social media has yous bet in most ways aside content ownership

It would be interesting to see all of your own input in a thread on this topic ???

Get it together lads and make sure your forums have 50/50 arguments and job done

Just my 2 cents anyway (y) (y) (y)

OP
DS86DS

DS86DS

Staff member
Administrator
Very true. I think all 3 site owners have more to gain by working with each other. The ridding of notorious trolls such as Vargo and Sparta has certainly helped things.

Top Bottom