Home

Cambridge University. Alumni experience. Is it like learning to ride a bicycle. Does it ever leave one?

I just happened to be Cambridge, but I am sure many of you will be Alumni from other great learning centres like Trinity.

Can it be shaken off. I can say I forgot most of what I learned in the 30 intervening years since I left. Then again living in Ireland
does one want to brag about one's education. Lets hear you college experience.

I've my doubts :) Otherwise it could be someone looking to identify people by gaining a unique point of info about them. I don't think anyone should be asking for ID related info...

Wish I'd gone to Cambridge. Massive bunch of punts. Mind you I'd have been sent down within weeks.

Mowl

I visited the campus dozens of times over the years, even managed to sit in on a few lectures by the husband of a friend's sister from Ballyfermot. She's as mad as a brush and he's a total eccentric Irish man. As head of the math department, perhaps our P Pishogue can confirm his name for us to prove he ever went to Cambridge?

No?

Ahhh, sure what can you do, eh?

Spoofer's spoof.

Liar's lie.

Mowl sees all.

What's the name of the Irish math department head, Pishy?

Mowl

I just happened to be Cambridge, but I am sure many of you will be Alumni from other great learning centres like Trinity.

Can it be shaken off. I can say I forgot most of what I learned in the 30 intervening years since I left. Then again living in Ireland
does one want to brag about one's education. Lets hear you college experience.

Odd then you claimed to be in your thirties only two days ago, Pishy.

I'm guessing math isn't your best department after all, eh?

Poor auld Val.

Odd then you claimed to be in your thirties only two days ago, Pishy.

I'm guessing math isn't your best department after all, eh?

Poor auld Val.
I tried the physics, just did not suit me, Physics had a lot of maths too. The chemistry was fun. We had a few explosions.

I visited the campus dozens of times over the years, even managed to sit in on a few lectures by the husband of a friend's sister from Ballyfermot. She's as mad as a brush and he's a total eccentric Irish man. As head of the math department, perhaps our P Pishogue can confirm his name for us to prove he ever went to Cambridge?

No?

Ahhh, sure what can you do, eh?

Spoofer's spoof.

Liar's lie.

Mowl sees all.

What's the name of the Irish math department head, Pishy?
Well I need more than that, Cambridge is a big place. You say he was in the maths faculty, is that correct.

Maybe Val was Senior Wrangler in the most fiendish course in the world, the Maths Tripos ... which he then cunningly managed to turn into a hiace van, a slurry pit and some really terrible frocks in Cavan over the course of a career.

Yep. They lose a lot that way, do Cambridge. Val's going to be moody after the reunions.

A farmer from kingscourt Cavan who used to post here ......he disappeared after a video emerged of him wearing a green wig and the woman's auld cardigan

I don't know what was going on with him ....perhaps Valamhic was recently vaccinated :doctor:
Oh he is valamhic, that is why I could not spot him, valamick presumably. A farmer, we need them for food but they
are a rough uncouth species. I don't know anywhere outside of Dublin I'm afraid. Wearing a green wig? was it St Patrick's day.

I hate the way farmers will only marry women if the women have land, money or if neither if there is enough work for her on
his farm. I hope he does not stray in here, not much prospect in discussion Dante with him.

I said no one who studied at Cambridge would go around calling it the 'Faculty of Mathematics'. If you want to go down that road there are some well known mysteries around Cambridge in that regard.

Queens' College always is written that way because it is named after at least two queens. Magdalene is always pronounced 'Maudlin' and the May Bumps are in June.

I went to Oxford by the way, studied physics through divinity and don't remember Valamhic turning up with the opposition at the Ballroom Dancing Dance-Offs.

Mind you he might have been in jacket and trousers that time.

I said no one who studied at Cambridge would go around calling it the 'Faculty of Mathematics'. If you want to go down that road there are some well known mysteries around Cambridge in that regard.

Queens' College always is written that way because it is named after at least two queens. Magdalene is always pronounced 'Maudlin' and the May Bumps are in June.

I went to Oxford by the way, studied physics through divinity and don't remember Valamhic turning up with the opposition at the Ballroom Dancing Dance-Offs.

Mind you he might have been in jacket and trousers that time.
You have not answered the charge about the faculty of Mathematics. Are you saying there is none?

Top Bottom