Home

COVID-19 Megathread: 98 million cases worldwide

Thus

Staff member
I'm going to a different pharmacy to get another test.
Basically it was explained to me that you can be False Positive or False Negative and that the PCR test has a trust ability of 75% but you could also be:

False Positive => You test positive but have no symptoms and it will pass.

False Negative => You test negative, but have symptoms which could contain covid and should self isolate.

I don't have any symptoms, bar a small headache this morning that passed quickly.

OP
DS86DS

DS86DS

Staff member
Administrator
Hopefully everything will be ok Thus, it cannot be easy to deal with such news. Have you gone to your local GP as of yet?

Thus

Staff member
Hopefully everything will be ok Thus, it cannot be easy to deal with such news. Have you gone to your local GP as of yet?
No I'm not going to until I get the result of a second test. If that's positive, I'll go. If it's negative...might do best of 3.

Colm

Speaking on Morning Ireland on RTÉ Radio 1, Paul Reid said, “The virus is absolutely rampant now in the community. Everybody is at extreme risk of contracting the virus.

“Our health service is on what we would call now a high alert.”

He said that the health system is built for managing viruses, but not a pandemic, and just “can’t cope” with the number of tests being conducted each day.

V

Verooka

on the bright side, Thus will not need to take pfizer's dodgy experimental mRna vaccine! He will get natural immunity

But one has to ask, what was the stupid prick doing flying around during a fucking pandemic?? 🙄

Thus

Staff member
on the bright side, Thus will not need to take pfizer's dodgy experimental mRna vaccine! He will get natural immunity

But one has to ask, what was the stupid prick doing flying around during a fucking pandemic?? 🙄
Listen Mutt. Thus does what he wants, when he wants.
You stay at home like a good little girl and keep getting angry with yourself.

roc_

WHO virus mission denied entry to China
https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0106/1187926-covid-world-virus/

in case anyone was wondering whether they had anything to hide.
A dystopian hypothesis. With a view to the fact that human beings under the influence of ideologies like communism have done equivalent in almost every communist state that has existed in history.
I believe we are witnessing in the twenty first century the fact that our innate weakness is our wonderful democracy and freedoms. In this we have already observed actors such as Russia and Iran deploy our own democracy as a weapon against ourselves in their State propaganda.
But would the Chinese ever take it further? We have seen now how China can control Covid 19 through authoritarian measures. They weld people into their houses, they instantly isolate people who fail a temperature scan in purpose built quarantine facilities, and so on.
Whereas witness the debacle, the mutterings, the indiscipline, the failure of our own last lock-down. (Keep in mind a lot of that failure was also stoked by the "Covid-sceptic" internet propaganda).
So if the Chinese top party officials took seriously the doctrine of power, that they were destined to rule the world and must achieve it rather than be ruled by other forces, other ideology, would they do it?
Taking a brief snapshot, currently Ireland has 46 deaths per 100k, while China has 0.34 deaths per 100,000 people.
Would they justify themselvces say with the thought that a traditionally fought war for dominance would have a far greater casualty rate. And at the end of it, the conquered people would be forced to realise that authoritarian measures were superior to the democratic ones?
I listen to some ideologues on these forums, and I can witness how their ideology more often than not destroys their innate humanity and reason. I might add that I believe love is the only bulwark against the threat of ideology infecting people. It's not easy to love some, though.
Just some conjecture ex tempore.

Top Bottom