Home

COVID-19 Megathread: 98 million cases worldwide

Colm

A dystopian hypothesis. With a view to the fact that human beings under the influence of ideologies like communism have done equivalent in almost every communist state that has existed in history.
I believe we are witnessing in the twenty first century the fact that our innate weakness is our wonderful democracy and freedoms. In this we have already observed actors such as Russia and Iran deploy our own democracy as a weapon against ourselves in their State propaganda.
But would the Chinese ever take it further? We have seen now how China can control Covid 19 through authoritarian measures. They weld people into their houses, they instantly isolate people who fail a temperature scan in purpose built quarantine facilities, and so on.
Whereas witness the debacle, the mutterings, the indiscipline, the failure of our own last lock-down. (Keep in mind a lot of that failure was also stoked by the "Covid-sceptic" internet propaganda).
So if the Chinese top party officials took seriously the doctrine of power, that they were destined to rule the world and must achieve it rather than be ruled by other forces, other ideology, would they do it?
Taking a brief snapshot, currently Ireland has 46 deaths per 100k, while China has 0.34 deaths per 100,000 people.
Would they justify themselvces say with the thought that a traditionally fought war for dominance would have a far greater casualty rate. And at the end of it, the conquered people would be forced to realise that authoritarian measures were superior to the democratic ones?
I listen to some ideologues on these forums, and I can witness how their ideology more often than not destroys their innate humanity and reason. I might add that I believe love is the only bulwark against the threat of ideology infecting people. It's not easy to love some, though.
Just some conjecture ex tempore.

They done an excellent job making sure it was contained as best as possible

e.g. Dalian a City with a population of nearly 5.5 million all tested in 3 days

We couldn't test Inch in County Wicklow in that time frame

A dystopian hypothesis. With a view to the fact that human beings under the influence of ideologies like communism have done equivalent in almost every communist state that has existed in history.
I believe we are witnessing in the twenty first century the fact that our innate weakness is our wonderful democracy and freedoms. In this we have already observed actors such as Russia and Iran deploy our own democracy as a weapon against ourselves in their State propaganda.
But would the Chinese ever take it further? We have seen now how China can control Covid 19 through authoritarian measures. They weld people into their houses, they instantly isolate people who fail a temperature scan in purpose built quarantine facilities, and so on.
Whereas witness the debacle, the mutterings, the indiscipline, the failure of our own last lock-down. (Keep in mind a lot of that failure was also stoked by the "Covid-sceptic" internet propaganda).
So if the Chinese top party officials took seriously the doctrine of power, that they were destined to rule the world and must achieve it rather than be ruled by other forces, other ideology, would they do it?
Taking a brief snapshot, currently Ireland has 46 deaths per 100k, while China has 0.34 deaths per 100,000 people.
Would they justify themselvces say with the thought that a traditionally fought war for dominance would have a far greater casualty rate. And at the end of it, the conquered people would be forced to realise that authoritarian measures were superior to the democratic ones?
I listen to some ideologues on these forums, and I can witness how their ideology more often than not destroys their innate humanity and reason. I might add that I believe love is the only bulwark against the threat of ideology infecting people. It's not easy to love some, though.
Just some conjecture ex tempore.
A good post and an indication of what discussion could be if 2 or 3 disruptive posters were kept out. I think that traditionally democracy required good sound common sense to survive. The modern variety of democracy is progressive and lacks any discipline at all. There is no recognition of those with skills, who work hard and who hold proper scientific skills. Society applauds weaklings, alternative lifestyles and cowardice. This type of democracy cannot have a look in in any conflict. There will be no democracy in a few years. EU laws on the environment are systematically broken and that is just what I know about. I cannot now find friends who are not television addicts. So it cant be fixed.

There will be a united Ireland but it will be a hell hole

Mowl

That was good accurate open elections in the Republic, Northern Ireland and the British mainland.

Not if the choices are between tweedle-dumb and tweedle-dumber, Val.

A good post and an indication of what discussion could be if 2 or 3 disruptive posters were kept out.

I agree - so can you please fuck off and stop boring us all with your stupidity, illiteracy, moronity, and self-inflatable gumpf? You're barred from most places on the net because you're a fucking idiot, a lunatic who thinks he's smart because he knows how to milk a chicken.

You're incapable of discussion in exactly the same manner as you're incapable of writing one single coherent post. You're as thick as three bales of wet hay, and as dumb as your gay bull.

Of all the fools on these sites - NONE come close to you for sheer ignorance.

Every day you post on here makes me laugh out louder than the last. You seem to think you know the answers to everything, yet there you are - shoveling shite from morning til night. That doesn't make you an intelligent man - it makes you a shite shoveller with a laptop and a bit of low range wi-fi.

Wouldn't it be great if it whipped Mowl and Thus and ran 100 kg of slurry out of Ollie's arshe?

See? It's exactly this type of closeted homosexual garbage you puke up every day: just admit it and come on out Val - you're as gay as Larry Grayson. Just because you have shovels for hands doesn't make you a man. Just because you refuse to wash or shower doesn't make you a man. Just because you're proud of your stink doesn't make you a man.

You're old, Val - old and out of touch. You're so far behind the zeitgeist that you may as well be using an old Commodore dial-up run by two rats on a treadmill.

Death's near, Val: try not to waste the little time you have left arguing with me, eh?

You'll never win - you'll never even be taken seriously.

Just retire gracefully and we'll all chip in and buy you a going away/retirement present: a cuckoo clock with your face on a spring that hops out every hour on the hour.

Can you explain why Ireland never did any random sample tests.

Did they test you, Val?

Maybe an IQ test? Again - this requires using minus numbers. The square root of your intelligence quotient is so far down the scale they'll have to invent new numbers just for you.

Kuprick make a few great ones 2001 and Apollo were my favourites. I was annoyed by a few mistakes inn Apollo.

You get annoyed by movies, Val?

You better not watch 'To The Manor Born' or 'Withnail and I' or else you'll have seizure.

Which mistakes in Apollo 13 stood out most for you, Val? The take-off? The landing? The casting? The whizzing around the dark side of the moon? Kevin Bacon's gums? Tom Hanks being the captain? Do you reckon you could have done a better job that Stan did? Stan, as in Kuprick?

Jesus fuck..........

OP
DS86DS

DS86DS

Staff member
Administrator
Was walking through a small rural town once and a truck loaded with pigs at the back passed though. The lingering smell for up to 15 minutes afterwards was one of the foulest and vilest smells I've ever encountered. 🤮🤮

Mowl

When I played for Ballyfermot United, we had a match with the local team from Kimmage. We played on their field which was near the crossroads, and somewhere nearby there was an abattoir: never in my life have I smelled anything as bad as that, it had me heaving and trying to hold the puke in all through the match.

During half time, we were all near puking up and the only way to go on was to take a t-shirt and tie it around our faces to keep the smell down.

We still managed a draw, and we got back on the bus with our kits still on - we couldn't wait to get out of there.

See - this is every day in Val's life.

He's one stinking bastard.

Imagine his trousers? His y-fronts? And his wife having to launder them? The socks, the vest, the heavy jumpers with actual lumps of shite in them?

That woman needs a statue erected in Kingscourt: she's made of different stuff than her husband.

Coal Gas and peat

Staff member
The teachers have done the dirt as expected and refused to teach the leaving cert student next week
They can playact all they want but people know they don't want to work and want full pay

It's time to cut the pay of these disgusting rats

Colm

Can you explain why Ireland never did any random sample tests. Test 2000 and that would tell you how many had it

I'm not sure why but it seems to be the way to do it ,I wouldn't be surprised if it was something stupid that prevented it like GDRP

Thus

Staff member
I'm not sure why but it seems to be the way to do it ,I wouldn't be surprised if it was something stupid that prevented it like GDRP
More than likely it’s because there’s not enough capacity at testing centres nor enough actual test kits for them to test 2000 random people.

Top Bottom