Home

French Affairs

Coal Gas and peat

Staff member
Macron had to do novid play acting to push through his latest lockdown........if novid was real how did he catch it.......Boris ....Trump .....yet still to this day I know of nobody who tested positive to this bullshit fake pandemic

OP
T

Thus

Staff member
I know a few people, friends and colleagues that have tested positive and made a recovery, some quicker than others mind you.

I do not know anybody in my circle of friends or acquaintances in Ireland that has has got Covid.

OP
T

Thus

Staff member
Would the French people ever tolerate a shambles such as the HSE?
No. The end of world war 2 signaled a massive reset of the administration of the country. Charles de Gaulle was avid fan of having a fast and effective administration.

The social security and health care were the first major transformation he started and oversaw. And despite it being being attacked by LePen and Sarkozy, it still holds form up until this day.

DS86DS

Staff member
Administrator
Would Paris have ghettos as bad and as crime ridden as London or certain American cities? I'd imagine certain suburbs of Paris and other French cities are certainly no-go areas by this stage.

OP
T

Thus

Staff member
Pierre Cardin has died aged 98 (not novid 1984) he was a famous French fashion designer
It's a pity that his brand of clothing seemed to attract the fancy of less desirable aspects of society in recent years, especially the Chavs of England.

OP
T

Thus

Staff member
Would Paris have ghettos as bad and as crime ridden as London or certain American cities? I'd imagine certain suburbs of Paris and other French cities are certainly no-go areas by this stage.

The main ghettos are in Seine Saint Denis in the north of Paris, places like "Bondy, La Courneuve, Staines, Aubervilliers, Pantin, Saint Denis, Draincy, Romainville, Aulnay-sous-Bois and so on.

Basically, that's where the immigrants that came to Paris in the 70's/ 80's were dumped. Great big blocks of flats made with the most mundane type of brick colouring (Brown, white and grey....lots of grey). It's a densely populated area, with as you can imagine many of the associated problems that go with low-income, over-crowding, identity issues, low unemployment etc.

Drugs are rife, as is petty crime. I played semi pro for a club there for 2 years, often being the only white bloke on the pitch. Most of the time the matches passed off without incident, but there were a few flare ups.

The area is tough, but I would still say that a place like Ballymun in the 90's was worse off. Heroine is not an issue here, it's hash, unemployment, no opportunities, depression (the people from this area consume the most anti-depressants in the country), stigmatization.

The town of Saint Denis where the French were coronated and buried has had big towers built around it. Once upon a time it was a posh place to live and a tourist attraction with a lovely Cathedral, now though...you'd go to visit the Cathedral and then get out of there.

DS86DS

Staff member
Administrator
Something funny about holidaying in France. When you explain to them that you are Irish, they really open up to you and give you a chance to befriend them. I've been over there a lot and always found that.

The French absolutely despise and hate the English.

The main ghettos are in Seine Saint Denis in the north of Paris, places like "Bondy, La Courneuve, Staines, Aubervilliers, Pantin, Saint Denis, Draincy, Romainville, Aulnay-sous-Bois and so on.

Basically, that's where the immigrants that came to Paris in the 70's/ 80's were dumped. Great big blocks of flats made with the most mundane type of brick colouring (Brown, white and grey....lots of grey). It's a densely populated area, with as you can imagine many of the associated problems that go with low-income, over-crowding, identity issues, low unemployment etc.

Drugs are rife, as is petty crime. I played semi pro for a club there for 2 years, often being the only white bloke on the pitch. Most of the time the matches passed off without incident, but there were a few flare ups.

The area is tough, but I would still say that a place like Ballymun in the 90's was worse off. Heroine is not an issue here, it's hash, unemployment, no opportunities, depression (the people from this area consume the most anti-depressants in the country), stigmatization.

The town of Saint Denis where the French were coronated and buried has had big towers built around it. Once upon a time it was a posh place to live and a tourist attraction with a lovely Cathedral, now though...you'd go to visit the Cathedral and then get out of there.
Thank God its as bad as Ballymun but not as bad as Ballyfermot. It it not true that migration was a form of cultural destruction visited on the French people by their own election of the politicians who did it.

Something funny about holidaying in France. When you explain to them that you are Irish, they really open up to you and give you a chance to befriend them. I've been over there a lot and always found that.

The French absolutely despise and hate the English.
Why are the Migrants heading North towards England and not the other way round?

OP
T

Thus

Staff member
Thank God its as bad as Ballymun but not as bad as Ballyfermot. It it not true that migration was a form of cultural destruction visited on the French people by their own election of the politicians who did it.
In fact, the French colonized half of Africa Val.

World war 2 was a turning point, soldiers in those colonies formed a key part of the Free French army in order to stop the French Empire falling into Nazi hands.

From the 1950's to the 1980's the French economy had a boom 'les trentes glorieuses', which led to very much a hug increase in construction, industry, food, technology and agriculture. Many migrant workers were brought over en masse to fill the sites and factories.

The problem was that they were dumped into cheaply built tower blocks on the outskirts of the cities.

Now these original workers came over to France with the intention to make a better life for themselves, the problem has been their children (second generation immigrants), who experience what's known as an Idenity Crisis (being born in France, but to Arab/ African parents with perhaps different values).

Mowl

If your FB followers want to represent them, perhaps you could work remotely from Finland. Home office is the new thing, plus you'd save the exchequer 38k per year in travel expenses.

If you were to attend the Dail via video conference, you'd probably have the best attendance record.

But then again, you'd have to work a lot with Paddy and talk over the phone with the gobshite.

I had another offer from an excellent Ballyfermot lady now based in Madrid: she reckons we could open an online clinic for Dublin 10 and do so remotely from our bases in Spain and Finland. I replied that Ballyer people may not trust in local exiles to ask for advice about local and personal issues, but she reminded me that if I can muster six and a half thousand souls to my social page, then there's nothing stopping us from attaching a clinic page to the social page.

It's got me thinking alright - yesterday was a buzzing day for D10: the Thornton's recycling facility on the Kylemore industrial estate went on fire, again. This is the third massive blaze at the facility I can recall. I have a lady friend from Crumlin who's related to the owner and asked her to ask him if he had any statement to make about the toxic and nauseous fumes caused by so many fires. AlI got back is that the owner intends rebuilding the facility as soon as forensics are done with it, meaning both Ballyer and Labre Park - a halting site for travelers - are still going to be at the mercy of the bastard.

I out out some feelers asking of the source of the latest blaze was arson or not, but I was informed that one piece of machinery had apparently overheated and burst into flames with few staff members around to contain it. By the time emergency services showed up, the fire had taken hold and destroyed the entire joint. Several people referred to rumours about insurance claims and this latest fire being suspect due to bills outstanding by the firm who run the plant.

I got the whiff of rumour back that as soon as the plant's back up and running again - that another fire may well occur - as if by accident.

These are only rumours, mind you - but rumours do occasionally have a tendency to become actualities.

Thank God its as bad as Ballymun but not as bad as Ballyfermot.

Say what now, Thicko?

Val - do yourself a favour: stop following me around and bothering me with your stupidity and ignorance, you fat fucking elephant shite.

Why are the Migrants heading North towards England and not the other way round?

To take a shit on your slurry farm, Val.

OP
T

Thus

Staff member
Garbage is a dirty business (no pun intended).
It's a growth industry worth billions, but it's always has a seedy enough background operation. You can charge top dollar to take some toxic pollutants away, but how you dispose of it is where the trouble is.

In my experience in Dublin, I know of Traveller gangs that specialize in the refuse business (typically from garages and construction sites, but also household too).

Before the Green Luas line was built the old railway that once ran through Sandyford to Dublin, was very exposed as an illegal dumping spot. I remember in one area where as teen I'd go drinking with lads about 6 lorries pull up at the side of the dip where the Luas now runs and in a very dangerous maneuver tipped what must have been 3000 tyres in to big ditch and pull off again.

There was another case, where we had ordered a skip for some renovations we were doing in the house. Once lunchtime, in between my junior cert exams, a man called to the door and said "Hello, we're here for the skip, we're going to take it away". As the works had been finished, I said "yeah cool" and signed his docket.

I get back from Maths Paper 2 at about 4pm and the mother is having a very heated discussion with a man outside the house. I later recognised the man as the guy we hired the skip from.

Cue me, having to go the Cop shop to make a statement. Apparently Traveller gangs also rob fully loaded skips and re-rent them out...

Mowl

The problem the folks have in D10 is that the only way they can let the site owners know about their dissatisfaction is by committing arson on them. And if they do that, then they also fuck themselves and their neighbours up with the toxic fumes that come from the site when it's burning.

This is madness: and why a license was ever granted to build a recycling facility on Ireland's filthiest, dirtiest, most careless industrial estates right next to an estate with 175,000 souls living in is beyond my grasp. As if the food plants, the industrial engineering plants, the car assembly lines, the poultry packing sites, and everything else packed in there isn't enough already?

Dublin 10 has the entire country's highest cancer, leukemia, carcinoma rates - and has done since the early seventies.

Now we have a bio-waste facility that has a fire every year or so on top of all that.

Keep your windows closed to avoid the toxic fumes?

It reminds me of the little booklet we got about an atomic or nuclear attack back in the seventies:

Do not look at the flash - instead turn away from it and lift the collar of your coat to protect your neck from a blast burn.

Seriously - Ireland's fucking gas, but.

OP
T

Thus

Staff member
Do you have iodine tablets handy? Remember this car crash of an interview by 120k a year plus expenses Minister Joe Jacob?

I wasn't ware there was such a mix of Food and Industry about that way. I thought is was mainly depots / warehouses etc. Throw in a waste facility plant into the mix along with incompetent management and protocol and for sure you've a marriage made in hell.

OP
T

Thus

Staff member
It's gas that interview, up there in the top ten of great Irish political moments.

Marion in fairness did a great job.

DS86DS

Staff member
Administrator
What's it like coming back to Ireland and being dependent on Irish Rail and Dublin Bus after becoming used to the TGV and the Paris Metro?

Top Bottom