Home

Gardai shoot black man in Hartstown, West Dublin

Mowl

Yeah - my peeps in Ballyer are sending plenty of videos of gangs building and a massive crew of drill types have taken over Blanch shopping centre.

I wouldn't be surprised to read about the riot squad and the military at some point later in the evening.

Lots of booze stocked up for the new year greetings will be drank earlier leading to drunken chaos.

Still, might be more fun than another repeat of 'Die Hard' on the box.

DS86DS

Staff member
Administrator
Yeah - my peeps in Ballyer are sending plenty of videos of gangs building and a massive crew of drill types have taken over Blanch shopping centre.

I wouldn't be surprised to read about the riot squad and the military at some point later in the evening.

Lots of booze stocked up for the new year greetings will be drank earlier leading to drunken chaos.

Still, might be more fun than another repeat of 'Die Hard' on the box.

You'd have the wonder if the army would need to be called in due to how incompetent the Gardai are on average.

Coal Gas and peat

Staff member
You'd have to wonder if this will impact future white-black community relations within Ireland in the future.
Absolutely ....it's the first black immigrant to die in these circumstances and they will play it up to the last .....black people on the news saying he was harmless and lovely ...that's fake news being allowed by RTE.......he was a violent dangerous crack head with a major chip in his shoulder

roc_

I have a bad feeling this country could be going the way of America ala race relations.
It is no good following America in so many things, whether it is shoot to kill policing, black ghettoes, white yokels putting racist views at the core of their political and social outlooks, twitter armies of virtue signalling intelligentsias, a sensationalist commercial media, all these strident, divisive, loud opinions, and so on. We should be able to deal with these type of troubles in our own way, but it seems these days everything gets cast in the same essential mould.

Mowl

There's no denying it's a contentious issue and the ramifications are yet to be seen in full: this is an ongoing situation, political persons are choosing positions and trying to muddy the waters on the legality of the police operation. I just read Brid Smith giving the cops a thorough dressing down while championing the fact that George was a little unbalanced mentally. While I disagree with her position, I also think she's stoking a fire for spurious and even personal reasons. The black community offer a sizeable portion of voters in the area, and PBP definitely need a leg up to remain in any way vital or even purposeful.

I wrote up an article myself yesterday which has now come back trying to bite me in the ass: I've had a number of threats from persons both blatantly and in disguise for stating the facts as I see them. Basically, that the cops had exhausted every other option available to them and they gave the deceased his choices: put the knife down and come clean or take a bullet. We can't say that he chose either option - only that he continued to defy the coppers even wen cornered with nowhere left to run. So he lunged at a copper and tried to stab him in the neck and was then hit by a volley of five shots.

While I know my public views can be controversial to say the least, the article I wrote yesterday has circulated to over 35,000 people - the majority of whom agree that what happened was the inevitable outcome of the deceased's actions and not an error or a racist act. But there are many PM's in my inbox that I had to delete and block the people sending them without reporting them to the platform management. Names of some of my connections were mentioned in the PMs I received, which I now consider to be a rather scary forensic look at my network of connections looking for people to intimidate because of my published opinions.

This does little to enhance any sympathy towards the deceased or his relatives. But had I reported some of the threats, then the persons making would be banned and afterwards might well consider hitting back by chasing down people associated to me. This issue has caused major divisions in the communities across Dublin: a flame war is now in effect to the degree that I would close my PM access if I could. Sadly, one can't do that on the media platform.

It seems to me that the community behind the deceased want to cause this issue to gain momentum in the same manner George Floyd's death did right across the western world. The differences here are stark, there are no comparisons between the two individual cases: in Floyd's case, they crushed his windpipe and he choked to death. In the Blanchardstown scenario - a man was taken down while trying to stab a copper in the neck.

But regardless of the known facts (at this stage) the deceased played the majority role in his own demise.

It cannot be put down to racism - if that were some scobe in a shell suit, the outcome would have been the same.

OP
T

Thus

Staff member

OP
T

Thus

Staff member
Ill just leave that there. Food for thought on this issue being stoked.

OP
T

Thus

Staff member
There's no denying it's a contentious issue and the ramifications are yet to be seen in full: this is an ongoing situation, political persons are choosing positions and trying to muddy the waters on the legality of the police operation. I just read Brid Smith giving the cops a thorough dressing down while championing the fact that George was a little unbalanced mentally. While I disagree with her position, I also think she's stoking a fire for spurious and even personal reasons. The black community offer a sizeable portion of voters in the area, and PBP definitely need a leg up to remain in any way vital or even purposeful.

I wrote up an article myself yesterday which has now come back trying to bite me in the ass: I've had a number of threats from persons both blatantly and in disguise for stating the facts as I see them. Basically, that the cops had exhausted every other option available to them and they gave the deceased his choices: put the knife down and come clean or take a bullet. We can't say that he chose either option - only that he continued to defy the coppers even wen cornered with nowhere left to run. So he lunged at a copper and tried to stab him in the neck and was then hit by a volley of five shots.

While I know my public views can be controversial to say the least, the article I wrote yesterday has circulated to over 35,000 people - the majority of whom agree that what happened was the inevitable outcome of the deceased's actions and not an error or a racist act. But there are many PM's in my inbox that I had to delete and block the people sending them without reporting them to the platform management. Names of some of my connections were mentioned in the PMs I received, which I now consider to be a rather scary forensic look at my network of connections looking for people to intimidate because of my published opinions.

This does little to enhance any sympathy towards the deceased or his relatives. But had I reported some of the threats, then the persons making would be banned and afterwards might well consider hitting back by chasing down people associated to me. This issue has caused major divisions in the communities across Dublin: a flame war is now in effect to the degree that I would close my PM access if I could. Sadly, one can't do that on the media platform.

It seems to me that the community behind the deceased want to cause this issue to gain momentum in the same manner George Floyd's death did right across the western world. The differences here are stark, there are no comparisons between the two individual cases: in Floyd's case, they crushed his windpipe and he choked to death. In the Blanchardstown scenario - a man was taken down while trying to stab a copper in the neck.

But regardless of the known facts (at this stage) the deceased played the majority role in his own demise.

It cannot be put down to racism - if that were some scobe in a shell suit, the outcome would have been the same.

It's a well written piece as well. Some of the rubbish arguments can be easily dismissed:

12 coppers couldn't disarm him - They tried, the pepper spray was ineffective because they couldn't get close enough. The taser didn't work because they couldn't get a proper shot. A taser is only really effective when you hit a good spot on the body, he was wearing bulky clothes, so that was ineffective.

Shoot the knife out of his hand? - It's not fucking hollywood. And if they tried, what if they missed and hit a civilian? Every bullet has to be accounted for. Same with the "wounding" him remarks, what if you miss his legs...? The ASU are trained to go for the body mass, as there's a better chance of downing the subject and less of a chance of a stray bullet hitting an innocent.

Coal Gas and peat

Staff member
I have fired handguns in .45 and 9mm to hit anything with any degree of accuracy even at 25ft you need both hands on the weapon

This crack head was most likely shot with one of these (heckler and koch MP5)

This one here has a 10mm receiver ......it would be possible to wound with this weapon under 50yards with the target standing still

Top Bottom