Home

Group think good or bad?

valamhic

Good morning. There is a light east wind blowing, The ground is hard with a light covering of snow. Typical winter in Ireland and its dry out. Daylight is increasing every day now with spring just around the corner.

I am not sure about this site, but every other site is pro government. I think for myself irrespective of what government thinks. I think the same In Ireland, the UK, the USA, Russia, North Korea, Cuba and France. Can anyone tell me what is wrong with doing that? Why do most people feel the need to think as a group rather than an individual? We must drive on the left or right side of the road depending on the laws of the country we are in and I accept the need for that. When in Rome do as the Romans do. How far should this go? I tend to assess each situation and decide for myself. Am I wrong?

DS86DS

Staff member
Administrator
Group think is bad and socially destructive. Eternal vigilance and skepticism regarding government is vital to the functioning of any healthy democracy. It keeps them on their toes for one.

OP
V

valamhic

Group think is bad and socially destructive. Eternal vigilance and skepticism regarding government is vital to the functioning of any healthy democracy. It keeps them on their toes for one.
That is what I always thought and practiced, but I found it is a very lonely place to be nowadays.

Mowl

I'm sure the entire group think you're a fucking idiot, Val.

Did you manage to get a biological cream to cure your scratchin'?

I hear them genital crabs can be N.asty.

Try not to infect the animals on the farm, always wear a condom.

Mowl

There was a man arrested in letterkeny yesterday on bestiality charges in the UK.....he was remanded in custody

I read that myself - it made me want to throw up.

Who does that kind of shit - and why?

A former vet that used to get his rocks jumping on dead domestic animals.

Sicko.

Jeez fuck: now we'll have Val considering trying it out to see of he likes it.

It's his chickens I worry about: he has to wrap them in chicken wire to stop them from bursting when he's riding them.

Mowl

I was asked one time to clean out the cab of our ambulance when a cadet in the St John's Ambulance. I took some cloths and a tin of Pledge and set about cleaning the windows and then took out the carpets and washed them and the floor beneath them. Then I went to clean the sun-visors and when I pulled one down, a magazine fell out. I picked it up and there was a picture of an old farmer waving good bye to his wife at the window above as he was petting his dogs before leaving.

I opened the next page and the woman had one of the dog's dicks in her mouth - I began to retch immediately but made the mistake of opening just one more page to see the ugly old bitch getting fucked by an Alsatian. I dropped the magazine and climbed out to puke my stomach up.

I was around eleven or twelve - this new reality shocked me and I had to wonder which of my superiors had put the magazine there in the first place. I put the skin rag back where I found it and said nothing to anyone (I needed the pocket money) until next time we were out in the ambulance at the RDS. I checked, but the skin rag was gone. I knew then who'd put it there.

It was our commissioner, the highest ranking officer in our wing.

I never trusted him again after that.

Mowl

Rumbled! Of course it was - he was young and needed the money.

Or so he said.

You had a lucky escape mowl maybe it was a test from that sicko to see could he groom you into one of them :oops:

I heard later that everyone knew about his N.asty habits. That was what pissed me off about him, that he kept a secret like that. This same man took the time to teach me some basic rudiments of drumming when I was around nine or ten and I thought he was a great man to offer me help and guidance with the things I wanted to do. Other times he looked out for me when we went on camping trips and caravaning down south. My Mam told him I was a frequent sleepwalker and that he shouldn't try to wake me if I got up in the middle of the night and started rambling around, to talk me back into my tent and sleeping bag - he did too. And one time he had to bring me back from the cliff's edge on the southern side of Bray Head down towards Greystones.

He saved my life, I realised later: he took me back the next morning and asked if I remembered standing there right at the very edge. I had no idea what he was talking about and said so. Problem was - I didn't believe even my mam when she told me what I was up to the night before. Waking up at three in morning and heading down to the kitchen and turning on the telly and making a sandwich. I honestly thought she was winding me up. That changed when Dad got himself a Polaroid camera and took photos of me with my eyes wide open but oblivious to everything around me.

It kind of scared me that I had this whole other life I didn't know anything about.

I grew out of eventually, or at least I fucking hope so: I'm on the top floor here.

DS86DS

Staff member
Administrator
It is a temporary solution for an ongoing problem in which words beginning with N.a without the dot appear invisible.

OP
V

valamhic

It is a temporary solution for an ongoing problem in which words beginning with N.a without the dot appear invisible.
To prevent racist post? a good thing so, Why is there no report function on posts? If I spotted a doxxing I could not report it.

Mowl

This guy. He's a farmer, he has cattle, he works hard, and he has a youtube channel.

But he's NOT Val: this man is actually a success at what he does, unlike Val, who manages to make a complete arse of himself with every step he takes, every move he makes, every vow he breaks, and every moo his gay bull makes. Val would like to be remembered after his impending death (he's just turned 79) as a man. A serious man. A knowledgeable man, and man with courage and convictions.

Sadly, all he has is a complete lack of courage and frankly he ought to be convicted for animal abuse: but then again, he's an ex-dick.

Maybe our Valentine could learn a little from this far better man?

https://www.independent.ie/business...rmer-became-a-youtube-sensation-40096167.html

OP
V

valamhic

This guy. He's a farmer, he has cattle, he works hard, and he has a youtube channel.

But he's NOT Val: this man is actually a success at what he does, unlike Val, who manages to make a complete arse of himself with every step he takes, every move he makes, every vow he breaks, and every moo his gay bull makes. Val would like to be remembered after his impending death (he's just turned 79) as a man. A serious man. A knowledgeable man, and man with courage and convictions.

Sadly, all he has is a complete lack of courage and frankly he ought to be convicted for animal abuse: but then again, he's an ex-dick.

Maybe our Valentine could learn a little from this far better man?

https://www.independent.ie/business...rmer-became-a-youtube-sensation-40096167.html
79? EH?

Top Bottom