Home

NPHET clash with Government

Mowl

The science you speak if is selected by the Irish government. You are wrong. The virus is capable of living on a suitable surface for 3 days. Grocery packaging is ideal.

If they wanted to go this route, a person shopping would have to call out what he wants, have it selected by an assistant and brought to the counter. Then it would have to be dropped in a box and the payment being by card. Cash payments would have to be handed in to a separate box, not touched by the assistant and later sterilized. The change would have to be sterilized before handing back.

This is impossible without intense training for everyone. There fore the virus is spreading out of control.

This is exactly how transactions are carried out at Systembolaget in Sweden, Val - it's not new.

In Systembolaget, you can't handle the products: you can select them by the attached code you see next to them as they're on display in large glass shelved units. Make your order and somebody out back sends it in on a conveyor belt. You stick your card in, they stick the bottle out through a glass panel. It's like buying booze in a surgery theatre.

It works perfectly well and is also presently being considered for pharmaceutical stores.

I was there n McDonald's once since last March and they are doing the cash payments box thing.......I don't believe in this virus but I agree with Val that if it was that dangerous you really should be in a situation of closed supermarkets and order picking being delivered to car boots and houses

If that's the plan - then they nailed it.

Coal Gas and peat

Staff member
Shops across the border from me in the occupied six counties are forced to close at 8pm but I think this measure stops in another week and they can go back to 10pm closing

I was there n McDonald's once since last March and they are doing the cash payments box thing.......I don't believe in this virus but I agree with Val that if it was that dangerous you really should be in a situation of closed supermarkets and order picking being delivered to car boots and houses
Just think if it as a dust of nuclear fall out, Or a dust of cyanide powder. Touching it is extremely dangerous but it is hoped rain will sash it off exposed surfaces.
You could not touch a railing your car, or use an ATM. Covid does not fall but can be placed on any object handled or sneezed on . Cash money is deadly dangerous inn this context. Yet it is still used,. The courts service will not aEdward MacLysaght - Wikipediaccept anything except cash. Petrol pump handles equally dangerous, hardware, and all the things we need to live. You could not train the population to avoid contact and you could not let them starve.

So how are people going to eat? I buy special meal for my horse and I have to carry 20 kg plastic bag to the van. I have to touch it and I simply dont have time to sterilize.

This is exactly how transactions are carried out at Systembolaget in Sweden, Val - it's not new.

In Systembolaget, you can't handle the products: you can select them by the attached code you see next to them as they're on display in large glass shelved units. Make your order and somebody out back sends it in on a conveyor belt. You stick your card in, they stick the bottle out through a glass panel. It's like buying booze in a surgery theatre.

It works perfectly well and is also presently being considered for pharmaceutical stores.

If that's the plan - then they nailed it.
Fair enough, how can that be brought in inn Ireland? My friend was in Sweden a few months ago and there was no mention iof Covid 19 at all.. I am n ot saying you are wrong, just what would be required to do it. The virus cant be seen. It is now endemic in the Irish and British population and there could be 50% with it. It cannot be stopped which is may point. Patients are now flooding Irish hospitals according to the news now,

You can score a bar of carbolic soap from the pet store for less than two euro.
Thank you for the like Coal Gas and Peat, was anyone belonging to you in the fight for Irish freedom or are you another descendent of the Black and Tans?

Mowl

Fair enough, how can that be brought in inn Ireland? My friend was in Sweden a few months ago and there was no mention iof Covid 19 at all.. I am n ot saying you are wrong, just what would be required to do it. The virus cant be seen. It is now endemic in the Irish and British population and there could be 50% with it. It cannot be stopped which is may point. Patients are now flooding Irish hospitals according to the news now,

Well, it costs time and money to install it, time and money to train for it, time and money to design a working version of it, so no: you can't bring it in in Ireland.

Paddy's far too thick to set up a clever working system that's both discreet AND super-efficient. No standing around with six bottles under your arm and your neighbour walks past. Your selections arrive in bags, already sealed for your discretion - and that of the children and even the sober alcoholics.

Being both sensible and workable, Paddy would destroy any hopes of ever achieving anything so radical.

Thank you for the like Coal Gas and Peat, was anyone belonging to you in the fight for Irish freedom or are you another descendent of the Black and Tans?

Hey, yo! Pizza man? Hey - do you deliver?

Hey - what's a matter with you? Gotta no respect, huh? What do you think you do? Why you looka so sad? Itsa not so bad, itsa nice place.....ah shaddupa you face.

The asshole eamonn Ryan is saying the travel limit will be put down to 2km
Even Houlihan says the virus is out of control, does anyone believe it can be contained now? What is the object of stopping people exercising? How could they spread the virus? Say Mary, Jack and Paddy are infected. Julie, Tom and Mick are not. How do they know who is who?

Surely they need to house everyone in separate accommodation. Some Dublin flats I lived in long ago have a common bathroom? How do you isolate that?

Surely men and women and women are meeting and having sex? How can you stop that. Are the nurses not coming home from work into homes with children and husbands? If the husband is a shop assistant, is he not bringing it to work and into the canteen.

Am I missing something here? free free to tell me.

Well, it costs time and money to install it, time and money to train for it, time and money to design a working version of it, so no: you can't bring it in in Ireland.

Paddy's far too thick to set up a clever working system that's both discreet AND super-efficient. No standing around with six bottles under your arm and your neighbour walks past. Your selections arrive in bags, already sealed for your discretion - and that of the children and even the sober alcoholics.

Being both sensible and workable, Paddy would destroy any hopes of ever achieving anything so radical.

Hey, yo! Pizza man? Hey - do you deliver?

Hey - what's a matter with you? Gotta no respect, huh? What do you think you do? Why you looka so sad? Itsa not so bad, itsa nice place.....ah shaddupa you face.

Where would the extra staff come from. Would people stop shopping and stop eating. There is a huge problem for farmers, engineering shops etc getting their lunch. We cant buy our lunch in the local pub. The whole day is spent cooking. 2 hours cooking and eating and an hour driving to the supermarket and buying the food. The virus is a strain of the flu for which the flu vaccine stopped working. How can all this lockdown prevent it spreading?

Coal Gas and peat

Staff member
We are hours away from a full national lockdown being announced .....schools closed to Easter at the earliest and essential workers only permitted to work ,travel limit to be reduced to 2 km

Every news and current affairs programme on tv or radio will be full to the throat of covid playacting......it is the only industry now in Ireland

The 4000 plus assholes who tested positive yesterday are the fuel for the fire
How sick are they? not very or not at all would be my guess
They are so weak and pathetic they should be forced to self isolate in their own bathroom for a month ....that would put the novid nothing burger playacting out of them

Bastards:mad:

Thus

Staff member
Even Houlihan says the virus is out of control, does anyone believe it can be contained now? What is the object of stopping people exercising? How could they spread the virus? Say Mary, Jack and Paddy are infected. Julie, Tom and Mick are not. How do they know who is who?

Surely they need to house everyone in separate accommodation. Some Dublin flats I lived in long ago have a common bathroom? How do you isolate that?

Surely men and women and women are meeting and having sex? How can you stop that. Are the nurses not coming home from work into homes with children and husbands? If the husband is a shop assistant, is he not bringing it to work and into the canteen.

Gyms are closed, I mean it should be obvious why...

Common bathroom...what year was this 1860?

The spread of Covid 19, can be drastically reduced by regular washing (I know that might be an alien concept to you), wearing a mask and the use of alcoholic gel on your hands to clean germs (please don't tell me that you arrive with a shot glass for the gel dispenser when you go into Spar, the gel should not be drank).

Mowl

Communal bathrooms went out in the late 80's early 90's - it's no longer legal to let a bedsit with a communal toilet/bathroom.

Yes, you are missing something here, thicko - basic cop-on.

Where would the extra staff come from. Would people stop shopping and stop eating. There is a huge problem for farmers, engineering shops etc getting their lunch. We cant buy our lunch in the local pub. The whole day is spent cooking. 2 hours cooking and eating and an hour driving to the supermarket and buying the food. The virus is a strain of the flu for which the flu vaccine stopped working. How can all this lockdown prevent it spreading?

The whole point is that fewer staff are needed to dispense alcohol sales and that they do so in sch a way that doesn't promoter alcohol consumption. Hence the discretion in delivering a paying customer their booze in a sealed bag rather than openly carrying bottles of alcohol in public.

You say it takes you two hours to prepare and eat food?

You lie.

Gyms are closed, I mean it should be obvious why...

Common bathroom...what year was this 1860?

The spread of Covid 19, can be drastically reduced by regular washing (I know that might be an alien concept to you), wearing a mask and the use of alcoholic gel on your hands to clean germs (please don't tell me that you arrive with a shot glass for the gel dispenser when you go into Spar, the gel should not be drank).

Gyms are rife with the virus - lots of sweaty people using the same exercise yokes, all handling the same hand-pieces, all breathing the same air.

Gyms stink - they always have, that's the whole point of them: to work the body extra hard to lose the weight, turn fat to muscle, and sweat out the two litres of water they drink per hour of exercise. I can't help laughing at some of them though: fat middle-aged blokes well past their prime reading newspapers while they cycle on a treadmill. Fat women trying to lift weights.

Buy a fucking bike and cycle to work, dumbass.

Sorry- but the virus is still in the driving seat- no matter what. Even the Germans are running out of ICU beds now. Do you seriously expect the HSE being better then the Germans?
We need to be patient. Any celebrations for Christmas will lead to a huge spike in cases- and we are straight into another long lockdown In January/February.
How prophetic!

Communal bathrooms went out in the late 80's early 90's - it's no longer legal to let a bedsit with a communal toilet/bathroom.

Yes, you are missing something here, thicko - basic cop-on.

The whole point is that fewer staff are needed to dispense alcohol sales and that they do so in sch a way that doesn't promoter alcohol consumption. Hence the discretion in delivering a paying customer their booze in a sealed bag rather than openly carrying bottles of alcohol in public.

You say it takes you two hours to prepare and eat food?

You lie.

Gyms are rife with the virus - lots of sweaty people using the same exercise yokes, all handling the same hand-pieces, all breathing the same air.

Gyms stink - they always have, that's the whole point of them: to work the body extra hard to lose the weight, turn fat to muscle, and sweat out the two litres of water they drink per hour of exercise. I can't help laughing at some of them though: fat middle-aged blokes well past their prime reading newspapers while they cycle on a treadmill. Fat women trying to lift weights.

Buy a fucking bike and cycle to work, dumbass.
Or as I say, no point fighting the phucking tide!

Top Bottom