Home

The guns and ammo thread

valamhic

I often wondered about that mad priest who wanted to build his own runway.

It makes sense now that I know the US military were interested in using it for covert reasons: they already have Shannon for refueling and transporting some unfortunate bastards to Guantanamo. Did the US military invest into Knock? Have they ever used it?

That table machine at 16mins in is some epic contraption: it's forming the barrel of the gun, yes?

I am nearly sure the US never used knock. I was talking to a few people shortly after it opened and they seemed fairly certain extra runway
was was ordered by the Americans. I did not pay much heed of it at the time, its just that now I remember it . The word was that the Irish government
agreed Knock would only be used in the event of war and then only for medical purposes, not war purposes.

I don't know myself, I am just posting the word on the street at that time. I had friends in that area.

valamhic

Later in the thread we will examine all the weapons used by the IRA from their inception to the end of armed military engagements in 1994 :)
OMG, do we really want to go there. I always wanted to get into unarmed combat with one of them but never got a chance.
Later in the thread we will examine all the weapons used by the IRA from their inception to the end of armed military engagements in 1994 :)

Welcome Rale,

All Irish discussion forums are a bit Paddy Whackery with megalomaniac administrators and Judge Roy Bean moderators but this one is better in that regard. You will need a thick shin on all of them. I am a huge Trump supporter, I also like Ted Cruz. You are very lucky to have the 2nd amendment.

There is a slight language difference between Ireland and the US.

I was in the Irish reserve army years ago. In my case at home and abroad I shot, Lee Enfield .303, Bren gun, Gustaf SMG. I had a muzzle loading double barrelled shotgun and shot a pheasant with it once,

I have none at the moment as I am too busy with other things and there are grandchildren about my place.
Thanks, happy to have been invited aboard. No need to go easy on my account, as my hide is as thick as a rhino’s. :)

Can’t say I have any use at all for Trump or Cruz. I’m not a liberal. Nowhere near. Just have no use for the wannabe dictator, Trump, or the bootlicker (Cruz) who’s wife and dead father were attacked and insulted by Trump.

Sometimes I wonder how different America would’ve been if firearms ownership was strictly controlled from the beginning of our country.

Likely, we wouldn’t currently have but a very small fraction of the firearms related injuries/deaths. Still, I am grateful that we have the right, enshrined in our Constitution, to be able to choose to own or not own firearms.

Grandchildren are the best part of getting older. We have one grandchild so far and spoil him terribly at every opportunity.

valamhic

Thanks, happy to have been invited aboard. No need to go easy on my account, as my hide is as thick as a rhino’s. :)

Can’t say I have any use at all for Trump or Cruz. I’m not a liberal. Nowhere near. Just have no use for the wannabe dictator, Trump, or the bootlicker (Cruz) who’s wife and dead father were attacked and insulted by Trump.

Sometimes I wonder how different America would’ve been if firearms ownership was strictly controlled from the beginning of our country.

Likely, we wouldn’t currently have but a very small fraction of the firearms related injuries/deaths. Still, I am grateful that we have the right, enshrined in our Constitution, to be able to choose to own or not own firearms.

Grandchildren are the best part of getting older. We have one grandchild so far and spoil him terribly at every opportunity.
Which would you consider the most liberal, Trump or Biden?

DS86DS

Staff member
Administrator
Going by political parties alone, the GOP would probably be seen as more conservative and the Democrats more Liberal. Though that's moreso the case since Nixon adopted the Southern Strategy in the late 60s. Traditionally, the GOP were a Northern focused party since the days of Lincoln, while the Democrats had a strong Southern base. The Civil Rights Act seems to have switched things around and it has remained the case ever since. Though to this day there remain Liberal Republicans and Conservative Democrats.

That said, I doubt anybody would deem Trump to be a social conservative. More so an old school Republican in the tradition of Calvin Coolidge. I also doubt Teddy Roosevelt would have been too impressed with his mentality regarding environmental issues, or attempts at trying to sell off federal parks to private interests though.

valamhic

Going by political parties alone, the GOP would probably be seen as more conservative and the Democrats more Liberal. Though that's moreso the case since Nixon adopted the Southern Strategy in the late 60s. Traditionally, the GOP were a Northern focused party since the days of Lincoln, while the Democrats had a strong Southern base. The Civil Rights Act seems to have switched things around and it has remained the case ever since. Though to this day there remain Liberal Republicans and Conservative Democrats.

That said, I doubt anybody would deem Trump to be a social conservative. More so an old school Republican in the tradition of Calvin Coolidge. I also doubt Teddy Roosevelt would have been too impressed with his mentality regarding environmental issues, or attempts at trying to sell off federal parks to private interests though.
Teddy was a hunter

valamhic

Jaze - you must be exhausted after writing all that, Val?

Take a break and have a cup of tea - with a shot of Tesco's finest blended whiskey, you've earned it.

Who says the least in a Clink Eastwood film?

No Whikky during lent except Paddy's day.

Top Bottom