Home

The Origins of cute hoorism in Ireland

I have thousands of people begging me to come home and run for them in Dublin Sth Central.

I'd dearly love to do it - but in truth?

I fucking HATE the idea of ever living in Ireland again.
Who do you reckon you'd take out Mowl, Brid Smith?

Marseilles has a terrible reputation for political corruption. It seems to be the norm down there, a prime example is was the acquisition of Olympique Marseilles by Bernard Tapie.

But if you're caught up to no good, the consequences could be devastating. In Ireland, many politicians employ family members in assistant / secretarial positions ( whether they actually work is another question).

In France, Francois Fillon who was a favorite to become President of France until the scandal broke of him employing his wife for years in a fictitious position, herself earning upwards of 500k it's believed.

After the election in which he saw a 50% drop in support, he was tried and conviction of 5 years in prison (3 suspended I think) and order to repay 375k back to the French state.

Now he paid the monies in full, but will not do time. He's protected by some law which forbids ex-Presidents or candidates to be incarcerated (unless a capitol offence). A law which Francois Holland was trying to reverse, because he wanted to bang up Sarkozy for mis-appropriation of election funds and Jacques Chirac for what I believe is fraudulently awarding certain public sector contracts to his mates.

I'm not sure what Macron's position on this law is.

But cute hoorism is in fact everywhere, but in Ireland cute hoorisim has replaced the term entrepreneurial, it's worn as a badge of honor and it's more out there and in your face.
It is indeed everywhere Thus. I remember working as a delivery driver for an Indian restaurant a number of years ago, in a conversation with the staff one quiet Tuesday evening, I happened to say Ireland was fairly corrupt, to a man they fell around laughing explaining after the laughter had subsided that Irish people didn't know the meaning of corruption, they explained some of the carry on in India, eye opening stuff indeed.

Mowl

Who do you reckon you'd take out Mowl, Brid Smith?

I already ran Brid through the mangle last week for her stance of the George/Blanch shooting: she wrote up a lengthy diatribe accusing the Gardai of malicious intent and played straight into the hands of the ethnic community looking for them to vote for her as a concerned politician. She shot her load too soon (as usual) and was lambasted from all sides for her garrulous and craven behaviour.

Locally, the main competition would be Aenghus O'Snodaigh and SF, whereas the NP candidate Serina Vickers (who did well for herself in the last GE) has little support on the ground: but I have a healthy connection with her and she interacts with my own social media campaigning. The interview I had with her back then stood her in healthy ground, she was forthright, open and giving, honest and to the point. But the one thing she lacked was any sort of vision: she seemed to me to be willing to take whatever line the party whip laid down. That was a major error - especially with mini-man Barrett heading up the party.

It suggested to me that while her nationalist ideals were solid, her means of achieving things were at the mercy of Barrett and Reynolds: it's as hard for me to take either of those plonkers seriously as it is for anyone else, so she'd be easy enough to overcome. Her public speaking is a disaster area of deliberately bad English and a nasty accent that's hard to understand, even for me, and I'm from Ballyer.

There is huge corruption in many of the ex Soviet states , apparently.

Don't mind Clamp at all, TLH: he's the ultimate establishment stooge. I've said this a million times before - if the government decided to give everyone two thousand euros spending money, he'd be first up to say how great they are. if the government decided to kill the first baby in every family - he'd be the first to say what a great idea that is. If the government decided to lop off one testicle from every male over the age of eighteen, he'd be the first to say how great they are. If they were to deliver shite and cheese sandwiches to the schools - again, he'd applaud them.

Even when he's bent over and getting rogered by the entire coalition - he'd say they were only great.

He's a fucking idiot, it's no wonder he's spent his entire life up til now moderating these boards.

He's completely useless in every other way - a walking stooge, a pandering fuck-wit, and a nasty little coward to boot.

It's his sly and cowardly style of doing things that makes me want to puke.

A filthy fucking rat, always was - always will be. Pure Irish scum. 100%.

I think the origins of cute hoorism and similarly the 'Irish joke' and theme of the thick paddy generally relates back to colonialism. When there was an outsider as master it was safer not to be able to answer questions and play the dumbo.

It was a coping strategy with authority and it transferred over as a habit into the early Republic. The same way you'd get a fellow down the country not understanding much in taking a call from the Revenue office is exactly the same way they'd have responded to an enquiry from a Protestant landlord on a horse.

'Ha?'

DS86DS

Staff member
Administrator
Very good point. I think in a way that such a mentality transformed into an anti-Dublin mindset post-independence, which has lasted to this day. Often more than not, local TDs in more rural constituencies will run on a "getting back at Dublin" platform, and it seems to work.

Yep. It is a form of getting one over on the perceived master. The entire Irish RM series was based on that insight really. The puzzled landlord unable to get sense nor meaning from anyone.

Defence mechanism and a way of managing out of the earshot of the Master who in the end gives up and goes with the flow.

How many times have you seen a roguish character in drama, TV or film acting the avuncular hail fellow well met and behind it a sort of Fianna Fail deviousness. I noticed on the original Star Trek series the character Mudd who had three gorgeous women rescued with him was a space pirate who was dosing up three rough old Dorises from behind the counter at the Admiral Benbow with a serum which made them look extraordinarily beautiful.

If you should catch that there is a very hammy Irish accent coming from the actor playing Mudd. We have a sort of Loki, god of mischief reputation, which I think goes back to the necessary deviousness in getting round the master.

DS86DS

Staff member
Administrator
It seems that linking the Irish to corruption in the US goes back a long way. One method the N,ativists used in the 19th century was to paint Tammany Hall as a corrupt cesspit of Catholic Irish misconduct and misgovernance, detrimental to the Anglo Saxon way of life and concepts of good governance. In US media for the longest time, Police departments and Democrat politicians based in the Northeastern US were painted as a shower of corrupt Hibernian shysters up to no good. Al Smith would suffer an electoral defeat due to the mindset and JFK just about narrowly escaped it's wrath.

The caricature of the Irish stage eejit is still there, though more subtle these days. While 50 or a 100 years ago you'd have blatantly open representations of the Irish as a bunch of foolish and violent drunks, you still get signs of it here and there.

It seems that linking the Irish to corruption in the US goes back a long way. One method the N,ativists used in the 19th century was to paint Tammany Hall as a corrupt cesspit of Catholic Irish misconduct and misgovernance, detrimental to the Anglo Saxon way of life and concepts of good governance. In US media for the longest time, Police departments and Democrat politicians based in the Northeastern US were painted as a shower of corrupt Hibernian shysters up to no good. Al Smith would suffer an electoral defeat due to the mindset and JFK just about narrowly escaped it's wrath.

The caricature of the Irish stage eejit is still there, though more subtle these days. While 50 or a 100 years ago you'd have blatantly open representations of the Irish as a bunch of foolish and violent drunks, you still get signs of it here and there.
These caricatures of Irish people are now almost a thing of the past thankfully, as is the perception of Anglo Saxon/Protestant good governance thanks to the shysters in the DUP.

DS86DS

Staff member
Administrator
Very true. Didn't the DUP once support building development around the Giants Causeway, or something along those lines? Gombeenism in Orange form.

Ironically enough, ask nearly any man on the streets of England as to what the DUP and the Orange Order are, and the reply would be Irishmen for the most part.

Mowl

While we have a massive population of cute hoors in the south, I can't help but think of how the loyalist Nordies are viewed by the actual English themselves.

It must grate more than a bit having these pandering fuck-wits demand their Britishness to be recognised even though nobody with even the most basic use of the English language understands a single word they're saying.

'Da hool Norn Iron sit-yee-yay-shun is in dire streets..'

While we have a massive population of cute hoors in the south, I can't help but think of how the loyalist Nordies are viewed by the actual English themselves.

It must grate more than a bit having these pandering fuck-wits demand their Britishness to be recognised even though nobody with even the most basic use of the English language understands a single word they're saying.

'Da hool Norn Iron sit-yee-yay-shun is in dire streets..'
In fairness that's an issue over there anywhere North of Watford!

Things get milder as you head south and more frothy the higher north you go. The phrase 'acting like a protestant on a horse' is something I've heard to describe arrogance in the south.

If there was a translation machine like Douglas Adams' Babel-fish that could translate any language it would probably translate that phrase in Northern Ireland as 'acting like a Unionist riding a dinosaur'.

Being born by the sand-whispering shores amid the palmetto trees of the Irish Riviera myself I'd say I'm probably far south enough to be safe. :)

I've a quare feeling that the last we'll all see of the Northern Ireland conflict in years to come is a television programme like Reeling in the Years and a decrepit mad old Angelus-reciter from Monaghan and some crumpled old decrepit fossil-shagger of a Unionist just glaring at each other.

In the merciful sight of the lord. Maybe we should just euthenise them all. We could agree a reconciliation thing with the Unionists and have a day of Reconciliation where we strangle everyone of any creed, being very ecumenical and inclusive so HR don't get annoying about detail, who ever thought that the lord was on their side in the conflict.

We could do them a favour really. They could be given an opportunity to discover whether mr lord was with them or not. Quieten them down anyway and let's face it, none of them would be exactly tech sector investors.

The cruel rulers of the Levant and Turkey used to retire their predecessor Sultans, Viziers and nabobs by having them strangled with bow-strings. Less sniping from the back-benches with begrudgers in the Levantine Dails no doubt.

Bit of a straightforward Change Management Programme.

Mowl

The cruel rulers of the Levant and Turkey used to retire their predecessor Sultans, Viziers and nabobs by having them strangled with bow-strings. Less sniping from the back-benches with begrudgers in the Levantine Dails no doubt.

Bit of a straightforward Change Management Programme.

The ancient Nordic tradition of setting your aging grandparents off to sea aboard a flattened section of frozen sea water with only their rosary beads and a copy of The Daily Sport from 1986 has sadly been all but eliminated from Nordic society, so now we instead have to buy them flowers and chocolates and pretend to be interested in their tall tales of how life was back in the post-Winter War years.

It's highly undignified being forced to watch them sink into hysteria and memory loss as they get older and crankier, pointing their fingers at St Petersburg and screaming at those damned and pesky Russian gypsies that if it wasn't for those industrial-scale sausage burners the lady Finns of Lotta Svard melted all their train tracks to the west of Helsinki for, then we ourselves might well be conversing in Finnish first and Swedish second.

Little known fact: not even Russians like the Russian language.

Top Bottom