Home

The Vaccine: What do you think?

Mowl

Mt wife and I had our first jab around 3 weeks ago. We will get our second in about 9 weeks. I am all in favour of preventative treatment for Covid 19. This horrible pandemic is crippling students education and many many businesses but worst of all is destroying extended family life

So basically you buy it - hook, line, and sinker?

I'm staying reserved and reticent: I have many doubts, yes - but I also have many worries. My Mam is of an age that makes me worry all the time for her safety and her general health. I hope nothing affects her in her isolation but I'm also fearful of her venturing out for whatever reasons.

It's a bit more difficult up here to swing to either side of the debate as life is continuing as normal for all of us in Finland, apart from the county borders surrounding Uusimaa and Helsinki from the rest of the country being closed. We can go to a bar, eat out in a restaurant, send the kids to school or keep them at home for lessons online. Public services and transport are all as normal. Again - this is also down to traditional lifestyle factors: we socially distance as a matter of course (we're very shy up here and we rarely speak to strangers unless we're drunk) we keep a high standard of hygiene (we never ever wear our shoes indoors) and we wash our hands on arrival when visiting friends and family. Not because of the virus, but because we're showing due respect to our hosts by doing so. Wash your hands before you grab their guitar or play their piano. Ask before touching objects in their home, and expect the same when you have visitors over.

I recall trying to put that habit into practice in Ireland when I lived there: when my friends would call by, I'd request that they heed the message board in the hallway: 'no shoes beyond this point' which effectively was understood as applying to everyone else except them. It was nigh on impossible to make them get their heads around one or two simple facts here: one, I don't have or use a table, I set up on this brand new carpet I just laid in picnic style. I digest better when sitting in the lotus position than an upright chair: so you're walking on my dinner table, bastard - get those shoes the fuck off my table.

They usually laughed and thought: 'ahh, Mowl and his mad ideas...'

Then go strutting across the carpet having just taken a piss in the bushes outside my house because they couldn't wait? So now I have your piss-stained boots all over my home and I'm far from happy about it? Also, earlier in the day you were likely stepping on shit, spit, vomit, piss, and any other kind of filth. Get those shoes out of here. My Nordic friends never have to be told: they do this automatcially. Shoes off in the hallway by the front doors, and then the routine 'where can I wash up?' and we're fine. In Finland, every hallway entrance has a WC directly attached for EXACTLY this purpose. Larger homes have a simple toilet and wash-bowl. Elsewhere in the apartment is the actual bathroom and attached sauna. I live alone in an open plan apartment with a full wet room/bathroom in my hallway. My sauna is upstairs in the next building.

I don't want anybody walking in here in their shoes with dirty hands they handle my instruments with: I'd be inclined to flip out at anyone trying that up here, but it never happens. Same with books and other domestic objects and possessions. I don't piss on your face so why do you piss on my floor? I've had fuckers open and use my stick-bags in studios: That really fucking pisses me off. First of all, do you have warts? Do you have clean hands? Have you seriously just picked your nose, scratched your arse, then picked up my jazz brushes? Get the fuck out. Don't come back. Same with the strings on my guitars: all wound strings hold bacteria, there's no avoiding this, you simply have to do your best to wipe them down and keep them clean - not very rock and roll mind you, but neither is a dose of finger warts.

Lots of players who are a bit stuck for cash take their strings off and boil them. This gives them a new lease of life and they sound sweeter without the grime of hundreds of hours of playing on them. You can't boil sticks though, so I have to disinfect them all if anyone else has been at them. Students are given their two pairs of sticks and will be required to bring them both to each lesson: very heavy marching sticks for rudiment practice, and a lighter pair for use on the full kit. If I find you using mine, then I'll ball you out and embarrass you into never doing that again, to anyone - anywhere. Show some goddamned respect, FFS.

OP
T

Thus

Seems that Americans will be getting the J&J vaccine, it's just been approved by the FDA. It's proven to be just 66% efficient against the virus (only 57% effective against the South African variant), compared with 94% Moderna and 95% Pfizer.

20 million to be rolled out by end of March over there.

The J&J vaccine was not approved as far as I know by the EU.

I have asked this question on another site and became frustrated with the hostile responses met against me.

I believe it to be a genuine question and a question that each and every one of us must face when it comes to the vaccine and our acceptance or refusal of the offer which will be made.

I for one am still very confused as to the benefits and costs of taking a vaccine against the advantages or perhaps disadvantages of trying to get along without such a vaccine.

A famous saying once said, "Sometimes the cure, can be worse than the disease", I do wonder if we are at this very crossroads we find ourselves upon.

Of course, like all of us I pray and hope that we have come to the beginning of the end of the year of hell, we have all lived through, perhaps in many ways, we may only be at the end of the beginning, let's hope it's not the later.

SO will you take the vaccine?

olli rehn

Yes- I will take it. No problem.
Never had any bad experience with any vaccination in over 6 decades.
I know the stuff is new and not that much tested. But getting the virus will do more damage to my health than any allergic reaction ever can.
I don't listen to that fearmongering around at all. Most of those who rant about it are well known conspiracy theorists.

Yes- I will take it. No problem.
Never had any bad experience with any vaccination in over 6 decades.
I know the stuff is new and not that much tested. But getting the virus will do more damage to my health than any allergic reaction ever can.
I don't listen to that fearmongering around at all. Most of those who rant about it are well known conspiracy theorists.
I accept that vaccines are ried and tested but this current vaccine is not.

What do you say about that?

olli rehn

There is not only one vaccine but several ones.
All those presently used have been tested- but for a much shorter period than other vaccines in the past. Due to the time pressure the whole planet is under there is no time to wait and test more. Too many lives will be lost to the virus in the meantime.

roc_

What else is there to say but isn't it incredible how many internet addicted and weak minded eventually succumbed to their fears being played on and their N.aivety and ignorance being exploited?

The fact is these Covid 19 vaccines have been tested very nearly the same as any other vaccine.

What was done fast was the technical development stage.

By April last year there were already more than 95 vaccine candidates for Covid-19 being tested. (Typically much less than 10% ever make it through tests.)

The main reason vaccine development usually takes so long is you have many failures.

But look how many "horses were put in the race" within a couple of months with Covid 19? That was unprecedented.

How was it done? Well a very big part of it was the outbreaks of SARS and MERS, which are also caused by coronaviruses, spurred lots of research. So they had a massive headstart.

And not only did they thus get a massive headstart on safety checks before trials, but usually months pass between trial phases so that researchers can review the findings and get approvals for subsequent phases (they are tested first on small batches of people — a few dozen during Phase 1, then a few hundred in Phase 2, then thousands in Phase 3). This time between trial phases was also slashed.

That's before you get into the innovation of mRNA which once you get into the facts beyond the conspiracies is clearly a massive boon, the fact that they were able to overcome the challenge of slowing its breaking down in the body just long enough to carry out its function, was a fantastic discovery. Understand the mechanism adequately and you understand there is no possibility of DNA "recoding".

It is really amazing though that 99.99% of doctors who have spent years studying the human body and the medicines for it, and their development, have no problem taking it, they are keen to. Yet there is a certain, prolific type, who after repeated exposures to repeated insidious messaging on the internet, eventually come to see themselves as having this superior, sensationalist insight into it than these doctors.

Tragic really. I don't see democracy lasting with it. As Oscar Wilde put it, "the bludgeoning of the people, by the people, for the people...". This is really writ large as the internet has become ubiquitous. That's what I say about that.

That cretin Thus will give you an injection up your arse- he is very experienced in that. Himself and Dengler are both faggots!

Describing somebody as a pork meatball eh..?

I must admit, I've been partial to faggots in onion gravy myself from time to time. Very tasty with mashed potato and marrowfat peas. Yummy. They're cheap and quick to make, filling and satisfying when you've come home out of the cold and you're hungry.

I wouldn't have thought that they'd have any sort of anal application though. I imagine the consistency of the foodstuff could be incompatible with such a practice and with all that gravy.... well, it could get rather messy.

Still........... whatever turns you on, I suppose. 😄😄😄

OP
T

Thus

That cretin Thus will give you an injection up your arse- he is very experienced in that. Himself and Dengler are both faggots!
Poor Olli Rehn...Waiting until his wife and son have gone to bed before he can log on to his catfish facebook profile and scope out underage girls around his area.

Top Bottom