Home

TV & Gaming discussion

V

Verooka

New upcoming competitor to Stadia with Amazon Luna.

Amazon-Luna-controller-1200x675.md.jpg

Cloud gaming is daft. You get nothing tangible for your money.
Stop paying monthly and you have nothing. Plus you are totally at the mercy of your connection.
Nothing like being interrupted by a connection error after hours of slogging to get a certain in game reward

At least when you buy a console and a disc game, the manufacturer subsidises your hardware,
you can use it as a media player etc and you can play the game until the console dies of wear and tear.
Also no annoying latency or connection error issues.

OP
DS86DS

DS86DS

Staff member
Administrator
^True. Personally can't wait to have that Xbox Series X sitting under the television.

Colm

Staff member
Administrator
They say it runs super smooth and you don't need to keep updating hardware ,i don't have a gaming p.c.,but do you have to keep upgrading them every year or two to be able to run the latest games ? , be costly enough

I turned my Xbox on for the first time in a month last night ......it was very glad to see me and asked if everything was alright and if my backup restore details were correct :)

OP
DS86DS

DS86DS

Staff member
Administrator
I'd be constantly afraid the heat and grease off the oven would feck up the console itself. It's certainly one of the more goofy inventions out there.

V

Verooka

The Playstation store I found is better for deals than the xbox store (summer sale gives great discounts on the ps4 anyway)

Also the ps5 controller handles pretty much morphed in to the xbox one controller design as has the menu layout (kind off)

Im gonna get the xbox next year anyway for Forza ,I always preferred that to gran Turismo as i've been playing on an xbox one personally the last few years,they are a great bit of kit,so im sure the new one will be something else.

Game ideas and good deals in the PS4 store:

Dark souls remastered 11.99
Dark souls III 12.49
Bloodborne 19.99
No Man's sky 24.99 (it just gets better and better!)
Witcher 3 wild hunt 8.99
Dragon's dogma dark arisen 9.99
Shadow of the tomb raider with all DLC challenge tombs 14.99 normally 59.99
Red dead redemption II 29.99
Red dead redemption online 4.99 normally 9.99 (access to online game not included in standard edition of RDRII)
Ark survival evolved explorer's edition 19.99 normally 50+ (includes first season pass DLC)

OP
DS86DS

DS86DS

Staff member
Administrator
Great news. Disney+ will be releasing Star - the international version of Hulu - in Ireland on the 23rd of February.

Dublin 4

Great news. Disney+ will be releasing Star - the international version of Hulu - in Ireland on the 23rd of February.

action-smiley-069.gif
Nitey nitey Disneychumpeez
sleeping-smiley-009.gif

Mowl

Goodnight I suppose. Perhaps tomorrow you'll try and be a bit more, well...diplomatic?

I doubt that, he'll likely be his usual chumpy self - blowing hard and congratulating himself on how many times he opens and closes his ancient threads that nobody else posts on, nobody else reads, and nobody else gives a flying streak of a drunkard's piss about.

His passion for all things intellectual is best represented by his tribute to RTE's most boring old woman's shite, Fair City.

I'm betting this chump likes nothing better than taking off his man-bra, putting on his slippers and apron and settling down to an episode of Fairly Shitty with a cup of Barry's and a packet of fig rolls. His hair up in curlers and his fingernails drying out with the new red N.ail varnish.

Top Bottom